This is a picture of me and my two gorgeous best friends. Clearly, we all have very different body types, and you know what? None of us is healthier, prettier or happier than the others because of it.
That’s me on the left. I’m short, super petite, and have about as much muscle mass as a blob of gelatin. Despite being naturally thin, I have always been far from in shape. Not even a month ago, running two minutes at a time was a struggle—now I can run without stopping for more than a half hour.
Felicia, in the center, is probably the most active girl I know. The opposite of me, she’s one of those people that can build muscle just by looking in the direction of a dumbbell. She loves running like I do, and we’ve discussed running a 5k. She’s a big yoga enthusiast and has tried all sorts of different forms that I can’t pronounce, and she’s found free community yoga classes for us to attend together. Also, she has abs of steel, seriously. She’s helping me with my ab workouts. She’s also recently lost over 60 lbs through her active lifestyle and healthy diet.
That’s my friend Maddy on the right. She’s curvy and feminine, but she’s a beast in the gym. Strength training is her thing. She could probably bench press two of me. Not only is she incredibly strong, she’s insanely flexible and an avid pole dancer. We’re taking classes together even though she can spin circles around me on that damn pole, and look gorgeous while she does it.
My friends inspire me so much, and remind me that diversity is lovely. You don’t have to be skinny to be beautiful and confident, nor do you have to look like girls in Nike ads to be strong and fit. You don’t need to weigh a certain number, fit into a certain size, or have a certain appearance to be confident, healthy, or happy. I think that my friends prove that to me.
I’ll never be long and willowy like a supermodel, or well-built like all those fitspo girls. I’ll never look like either of my friends, and they’ll never look like me. And that’s ok, because fitness is about being the best you can be, not comparing yourself to others.
Embrace what you have, and help others embrace what they have. Fitness is funner with friends. Get them involved. Take a class, go for a walk, make a healthy dinner together. You’ll always have support and a fun activity to bond over.
this is one of the best things i’ve read on tumblr. Friends come in all different shapes, colors and sizes. May your friendships be everlasting
I just can’t NOT reblog this. Everyone should read it.
This was absolutely amazing, well worth the time to read, wow. Beautiful.
Life in District 12 isn’t really so different from life in the arena.
↳ “i will take what is mine with fire and blood.”
Rule 1: Post the rules
Rule 2: Answer questions the tagged set for you in their post then make 11 new ones
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to your post
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them
1. Who is your OTP? Probably fourtris!
2. What is your favorite TV Show? Game of Thrones.
3.Do you Prefer Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner foods? breakfast foods
4.What is the Saddest fictional death in your opinion? finnick’s death
5. What is your favorite genre of music? alternative rock
6. Do you speak more than one language? yes, italian and english
7. If you could date a celebrity who would it be and why? Liam Hemsworth… do i need to give reasons other than his
8. Favorite book series? A song of ice and fire
9. Favorite app? google maps, i would get lost all the time without it
10. Dogs or Cats? cats
11. What is your favorite season? winter
1) Last song you’ve listened?
2) Favourite food?
3) Who’s the fictional character you hate the most?
4) and the one you love the most?
5) How many foreign countries have you visited?
6) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
7) Favourite book?
8) Which Hogwart’s house would you belong to?
9) Divergent or The Hunger Games?
10) sea or mountains?
11) tea or coffee?
I was tagged from faultinouraugustus
Hello! So I went insane a little while back and decided to do a network for every important Game of Thrones house. This network is for House Tyrell. If you don’t know what house you are, you can take a quiz here, or if you don’t like that one I’m sure there are hundreds scattering the internet. The rules are simple.
- mbf the insane nut who’s put hours into this
- reblog this post
- or if you’re in another house, the links to them are at the bottom
- that’s it
- i am trying to keep this simple for everyone
- oh by the way if any house does not get at least thirty notes it is officially not happening sorry
- the end